Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na : Review

Posted by Mohammed Tabraiz Ali | 2:00 PM | | 0 comments »


It was a most fabulous movie and I enjoyed it the whole way through. If only words could explain how much I love it :D Imran...I am just so proud of him. he acted amazingly well and his debut into bollywood just rocked. I know he will make some rocking films. I wrote tons about this movie, but here is just a short review.

If only I could type out my reaction I would. At the end of this movie, I was still smiling even though inside I was sad that it had ended. But a perfect ending it was! The story seems like a puzzle. The amounts of pieces were perfect and each piece was placed correctly at a perfect time. It is yet another bollywood love story, but you know it is different after the end. The story is of Jai and Aditi are told at the airport. the airport is where it all happens. The gang, consisting of Jiggy, Shaleen, Rotlu, and Bombs tell this love story to Mala, Jiggy’s new girlfriend. At first she doesn’t even want to hear the story and tries to get herself out of hearing the classic and stereotypical love story. But throughout the whole film, she only gets even more excited and wants to hear more. It’s a love story with everything-cute moments, stealing glances, song, dance, drama, and much more. Even though there are slight, heavy moments in the film, there is humor all the way in the film. It is a definite MUST-SEE if you are looking for a light love story, without all the glam and rhona-dhona.

The actors fit their roles perfectly. You could feel as if you were there, at the airport, listening along with Mala. In my opinion, the parts could have only been played by those who did. This could have been a true story between the same people. That was how real it was.

Imran Khan- He has definitely made his mark. His acting was terribly cute and a girl could only wish she had her own Jai. Imran played the character of Jai brilliantly. Jai is your normal guy, but he does not want to pick a fight with anyone. He would rather spread peace. As said in the movie, Gandhi ji would be so proud that there was a Jai around. Imran fit all this perfectly. The camera truly does love him. He knows when to be cute, when to be serious, and yes, even when to cry. I highly applaud Imran for giving a nice performance and a smashing breakthrough into bollywood. Out of 10, I would give him an 8. If I didn’t consider myself a fan, I would still give this number because I enjoyed his acting immensely and was sure to notice his every, last detail. But yes, if I was a biased fan, I would perhaps give him a 9 for making me smile every time he heat up my screen.

Genelia D’Souza: A born actress. She knows how to act tough and rough extremely well. You would even consider her a true tomboy. She gives true justice to the character of Aditi. Her presence on the screen will make you feel what her character feels. If she cries, we also feel it. When she is angry, you also are. I enjoyed this performace of hers. It was brilliant and I would straight out give her a 9!

The Gang: Simple perfect. Each and every one of the actors played their part perfectly. They should receive as much credit as Imran and Genelia. They were in the whole movie just as much as they were, or even longer, as they narrate the story. I think the story would not have been as enjoyable without them. So Jiggy, Shaleen, Rotlu, and Bombs-hats off to you guys. I appreciated their characters very, very much.

So in the end, I was very happy that I made a good choice to pay for a film. The last one I saw in a theatre was Taare Zameen Par, and now, another Aamir Khan Production leaves me content. In the end, I would only shout out a big thank you to Abbas T. for making such a classic love story into one for the modern days. The dialogues were very witty, and the direction was great.

If you are having any doubts whether to watch this or not, I say go ahead. You will laugh and you’ll love this cute story.

Rating: 4/5


Related Posts by Categories




0 comments